Life is Better with Spunk-Week 2...

posted on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011

For those of you new to Spunky Junky let me introduce you to the Life is Better with Spunk series. Each week a challenge is provided that is supposed to help us spunk up our lives.

Last week's challenge was to get outside--not just the kind of outside that takes you to the garbage can and back, but the kind of outside where fresh air lives and catepillars roam. 
The weather has been so beautiful for the last few days that I felt somewhat guilty making Punk ride in the car for five hours on Saturday when it was such a beautiful day.

When he did get outside, though, he was in a dazed grassy heaven. His love for being outside was evident by his ability to run up and down the block for hours on end. When he was tired of running he would lay in the grass only to get up to chase the neighborhood boys until he would fall on the ground giggling with excitement.

While Punk released he pent up cabin fever, I laid in the grass soaking up as much Vitamin D as possible. Occasionally, I would sit up to stare out my energized toddler wondering how he had grown up so fast?

From time to time he would run to me with he big smile and runny nose and he would fall into my lap to relax for a moment and then he would be off again.

It was glorious--and very much needed!

How was your time outside? I would love to know.

************************************************************************

Now for this week's challenge eat at some place new.

 If you are not into eating out, then cook or bake that dish that you have putting off for the last year. 

You know what I'm about, right? That restaurant that you have been dying to eat at, but you are too busy to find any time in your hectic schedule. Or, the recipe that you ripped out of a magazine a year ago that is still stuck to your fridge.

Well, make no more excuses. Now is the time to make your taste buds tingle!

This will be fun--I promise!

Won't this challenge be a great excuse for a date night, eh? Or an legit excuse for your kitchen to get really dirty?

;)

macaroons cake pops

This week I will conquer my phobia of baking from scratch and I will finally whip out some macaroons or cake pops.


 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I shall gladly help you overcome that phobia. I'm free Tuesday :D Wahoooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! I think I'm going to go take a cooking class today...does that count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made cake pops over the weekend & they were not so cute. :) but they tasted delicious!

    Ps--your boy is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does anyone get their cake pops or balls to look as cute as the ones in your picture?!?! I've made three different batches and can't seem to figure out a way to get them out of the chocoate and still look and be smooth!! Any tips??

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger